Incubators Incentive Program
This incentive program is designed for entrepreneurs who are interested in establishing a startup company based on an innovative technological concept. A technological incubator is a center for entrepreneurship intended to invest in new startup companies and provide them with administrative, technological and business support.
The incubator offers a supportive framework for the establishment of a company and development of a concept into a commercial product. Today there are 18 technological incubators and one designated biotechnological incubator, which are privately owned by seasoned and experienced groups, such as venture capital funds, multinational corporations, as well as private investors and others. The incubators are selected through competitive processes for a license period of eight years and are spread across Israel. The list of incubators operating in Israel is available on the Authority website.
Goal of the Incentive program:
Supporting entrepreneurs with innovative technological concepts at the initial stage of R&D in establishing startup companies and helping them reach a significant fundable milestone.
Who is the incentive program for?
- Private entrepreneurs
- New Israeli startup companies
What do you get?
- The conditional grant provided as part of this incentive program is 85% of the approved budget, with a budget limit of NIS 3,500,000 for a period of up to two years (depending on project type and geographical location of the incubator). You can get an additional grant for a third year in accordance with the program regulations.
- The conditional grant provided as part of the biotechnological incubator is 85% of the approved budget, with a budget limit of NIS 8,100,000 for a period of up to three years.
- Supplementary investment financing of 15% of the approved budget by the incubator, which completes 100% of the total budget. No financial investment is required by the entrepreneur.
- Comprehensive assistance from the incubator, including physical space and infrastructure, administrative services, technological and business guidance, legal advice and access to partners, additional investors and potential customers.
Why should you apply for this incentive program?
Favorable conditions for entrepreneurs: The entrepreneurs are not obliged to establish a company before the project is approved by the Authority.
Experienced partner: The incubator is a partner with vast experience and expertise in leading startups and commercializing products. It facilitates follow-on investments in companies that have graduated from the incubator and assists them in market penetration.
Administration: The incubator provides the entrepreneurs with all necessary administrative and accounting services in dealing with the Authority.
How to apply?
- Please contact the incubators directly. The incubator will perform a preliminary screening. Should the project be approved, the incubator will apply for support to the Authority.
- The Startup Division Committee will examine the project. Should the project be approved, a company will be set up for the project, following which operations can begin.
For additional information please contact: