Industrial Research Institutes
This incentive program assists and supports research institutes conducting applied research promoting industry in Israel.
The support is provided via two incentive programs: the financial support program for R&D processes in cooperation with an industrial company, and the assistance program for the purchase of laboratory and scientific equipment. Interested parties may apply to both programs simultaneously.
Goal of the incentive program:
To provide assistance and support to research institutes that conduct applied research whose goal is the further development of Israeli industry.
Who is the incentive program for?
- Research institutes operating as independent legal entities engaged in applied R&D and providing counseling and testing services for Israeli industrial corporations. The complete list of conditions and criteria is detailed on the Authority’s website.
- Commercial companies interested in collaboration with research institutes.
What do you get?
- Grant funds are to be used for the financing of the R&D incentive program and/or the equipment purchase incentive program. The benefit will be provided for a period of one year, with the possibility to apply for support for an additional year.
- The research institutes committee can approve a grant request for a third year for the incentive program relevant to the industry sectors declared as prioritized.
Why should you apply for this incentive program?
Participation in risks only: The incentive program offers research institutes participation in the risks involved in the R&D processes, but not in the future revenues from the research results.
No royalties: The beneficiary research institute will be exempt from repayment of royalties.
How to apply?
- Fill out the online application forms available on the website, according to company size and terms set out therein.
- In addition to the submission of the online application, a declaration and authorization form should be printed out, signed and sent by mail.
For additional information, please contact:
Technological Infrastructure Division