Argentina (MINCTY) and Israel (Israel Innovation Authority) are jointly announcing a Call for proposals for joint R&D projects under the EUREKA program (with the participation of Czech Republic (MEYS), Finland (Business Finland), Spain (CDTI-EPE), and Turkey (TÜBITAK))
All parties will provide all necessary assistance to project partners during project proposal, evaluation and monitoring phase. In addition, all parties will facilitate EUREKA application process and acquisition of the EUREKA label for accepted proposals.
These organizations will also provide access to public funds for jointly labelled projects. Support shall be granted to each partner by its own Authorities, in accordance with existing laws, rules, regulations and national procedures, on the basis of non-exchange of funds between those Authorities and subject to budgetary availability.
Opening of the Call
15 March 2018
Deadline for Applications
7 June 2018
Selected projects receive EUREKA label
5 October 2018 (at the latest)
- The project consortium should consist of at least 1 company from Argentina and 1 company from one of the EUREKA member or associated countries participating in this Call. Participation of research institutes/universities is welcome as partners or subcontractors according to each country’s funding regulations.
- Companies from other countries may also participate, but they will not be funded by the participating parties of this call.
- The project partners must express the will to cooperate to the development of a new product, industrial process or service. The product, process or service must be innovative and there must be a technological risk involved.
- The projects should come up within applied research and experimental development as defined in the Frascati manual.
- The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the technological cooperation between the participants (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of all the partners from the participating countries, and the project must be significant to them.
- The duration of the project may not exceed 36 months.
- The participants are required, prior the official endorsement of the Eureka High Level Group, to have signed a consortium agreement.
Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria can apply to the present announcement in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect.
Partners are asked to send their applications no later than 7 June 2018, 05:00 pm CET.
Prior consultation with the official relevant contact person in the respective EUREKA office is strongly advised (see details below) in order to receive support on how to complete the application, the national funding rules, the timeline of the call, etc.
The application consist of:
The common documents:
EUREKA Project Application Form. The template can be downloaded at
ii. Consortium Agreement on the commercialization of the product, process or service once the phase of
research and development has been completed which includes the ownership and use of know-how and IPR settlements.
The National Application of each participant according to the national rules.
How to send the applications:
o The completed EUREKA Project Application Form should be submitted by the main participant to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org the following indication in the subject: Globalstars Argentina 2018
o Each participant will send the EUREKA Application Form, the consortium agreement and theNational Application before the deadline and simultaneously in all the countries involved in the project according to the national
Summary of the national procedures:
In Argentina, the participants will have to contact the national project officer to submit the proposal.
In Israel, The Israeli partner is required to submit the National Application Form in accordance with the Israel Innovation Authority regulations, through an online system https://bakasha.innovationisrael.org.il/
Each country will fund its eligible participants within EUREKA framework. Funding conditions and eligibility criteria may vary from country to country. As summary, main aspects of funding criteria are explained below:
- In Argentina:
The founding will be provided by The National Agency for Scientific and Technological Promotion (ANPCYT), a national organization dependent on MINCyT in charge of promoting funding of projects aimed at improving social, economic and cultural conditions in Argentina.
Non-Refundable Financial Contributions of up to 80% of the Argentinian company investment in the project.
Only SMEs (according to Argentinean regulation) can apply for funding. Participation of non-SME companies is welcome, but these companies must send a letter committing to self-fund their participation in the project.
Please contact MINCYT for further information regarding the funding criteria. See section 4 below for contact information.
- In Israel:
Funding from the Israeli government via the Israel Innovation Authority will not exceed 50% of the eligible and approved costs of the R&D in the form of a conditional grant and in accordance with the R&D Law, national laws and regulations detailed at http://www.matimop.org.il/. Additional top-ups may apply to companies operating in developing zones. Funding will be provided in the form of a conditional grant. When a project results in sales of a product, service or process, the financial support must be repaid to the Israel Innovation Authority according to its regulations (in general, royalties are paid at rates beginning at 3% of sales, depending on various criteria. Royalties are payable until 100% of the amount of the grant has been repaid with interest as provided in the applicable regulations). If the project does not result in sales, no repayment is required.
For more information on funding conditions, applicants should visit the website of the Israel Innovation Authority: https://innovationisrael.org.il/#home
For Further Information, please contact: