MAGNETON Incentive Program
The MAGNETON incentive program encourages the transfer of technological knowledge accumulated in academia for the use of industry, by creating collaborations between Israeli companies and academic research groups.
These collaborations expose industrial companies to the research achievements relevant to their activities and assist research groups in transforming academic developments into commercial applications.
Goal of the incentive program:
To transfer technology from research institutions to industrial corporations for the development of breakthrough products.
Who is the incentive program for?
- Israeli industrial companies seeking to incorporate new technologies developed in the academia and striving to develop a new product or to improve an existing product based on recent studies, relevant to their field of activity.
- Academic research groups from Israeli research institutes and think tanks approved by the Technological Infrastructure Division, seeking to carry out innovative and original applied research in collaboration with a leading company interested in the relevant technology. The research should be focused on technological feasibility for the industry, and the applying research institute should be the sole owner of knowledge in the project.
What do you get?
- An applied research grant of up to 66% of the approved budget, up to a total of NIS 3.4 million for a period of 24 months. The academic research group receives the full budget: 66% of which will be provided by the Technological Infrastructure Division and the rest by the partner company.
- The grant recipients are exempt from paying royalties for repayment of grant funds transferred to them.
Why should you apply for this incentive program?
Commercialization of academic knowledge: The incentive program assists research institutions in commercializing the knowledge developed through scientific research, while industrial companies receive exposure to new technology. After examining this technology, they can integrate it in their activities and continue to develop innovative products with economic potential or upgrade existing products.
Examination of application potential: The MAGNETON incentive program offers companies a favorable environment to examine the application potential of technologies developed in academic institutions. Without this environment, the companies would find it difficult to carry out the examination process, which entails relatively high risk and uncertainty.
Possibility of realization of the commercialization right: At the end of the project and at the end of the proof of concept, the company will be given the right to decide whether to exercise commercialization rights. If it chooses to do so, it can continue developing commercial products independent of the research that was carried out jointly with the research institution.
How to apply?
- Prior to application, please carefully read the complete list of conditions, which specify the rights and obligations of the applying company and research institution, as detailed on the Authority’s website.
- After the research group and the industrial company join forces, a joint and coordinated work plan should be formulated, defining the tasks of each partner and detailing the mutual goal. The application for the support by the Authority will be submitted by the research institutions and industrial companies together and in full coordination.
- Fill out the application forms and documents, available on the Authority’s website, and email the source files (not scanned files) to the Technological Infrastructure Division.
- The incentive program offers two fixed annual deadlines: October 15 and April 15.
For additional information, please contact:
Technological Infrastructure Division