Opening Date: February 5th, 2017
Open to all sectos
Phase 1 Deadline: May 2017 (Exact date to be published)
Companies from Israel and China engaged in collaborative R&D projects are invited to apply for financial support through the Israel-China (MOST) R&D Cooperation Program
This call is open to all projects based on merit that include science and technology (S&T) development leading to commercial success, social good and benefit to both countries.
For full details on the Call for Proposals, including terms of funding and eligibility requirements, please read the attached Call for Proposals
Basic Qualification Criteria:
A) At least two science and technology companies from the respective countries should express a desire to cooperate in the research and development of a new product or a new process, or in the adaptation of an existing product/process to the foreign market.
B) The project may involve more than one company from each side; academic /research entities are eligible to join as sub-contractors only.
c) R&D under the joint project should focus on either:
-Developing Products that are highly innovative with significant commercial potential. The joint industrial R&D project should aim at the development of products/processes leading to commercialization in the global market;
-Adapting / customizing existing product/process, belonging to the Israeli Company partner, to the needs and conditions of the Chinese market.
The product should be highly innovative with significant commercial potential. The joint industrial R&D project should aim at development of products/processes leading to commercialization in the global market.
D) The project partners should agree in advance on the IP rights and on the commercialization strategy of the product or process.
Note: For the submission phase, only a Letter of Intent (LOI), a preliminary agreement or draft MoU is required, however the final agreement has to be presented to the funding authorities only after the project is jointly approved.
E) The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both countries.
F) The project must be balanced between participants and strategically significant to both partners.
Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria can apply to the present Call for Proposal in accordance with the national Laws, Rules, Regulations and Procedures in effect.
Israel – UP to 50% of the approved R&D expenditures. Refundable if project is successful.
– The total grant from the Government of the People's Republic of China (PRC), via the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) under the financial support of the China-Israel R&D Program, will not exceed 2 Million RMB(around 330,000$)per project, 50% of the eligible and approved costs of the R&D, in accordance with the national laws and regulations.
HOW CAN I APPLY
1. Read completely the attached CFP Guidelines Document.
2. Express interest in applying by emailing Merav.Tapiero@innovationisrael.org.il (please include your full details and contact details of your partner, as well as title/brief description of your project in English).
3. Fill out and sign a
Bilateral Application Form (Phase I Application)
together with your partner and prepare the Letter of Intent regarding the essence of the project and an IP plan.
The submitted form should be identical and filled either in English or both English and Chinese.
4. Apply for 1st phase! Israeli companies are requested to submit their application (Bilateral Application Form+LOI) to the program manager by email
5. Apply for Phase 2 -The Israeli partner is required to submit the National Application form in accordance with the Israel Innovation Authority regulations, through an online system following the guidelines in the Israel Innovation Authority official website.
Partner Matching assitance
The current call for proposals is open to companies that already have identified partners and have a mature project plan. Hoewever, the Israeli Innovation Authority can assist in idetifying potential partners for R&D partners for future activity. Please fill out a Partner search Form to recieve a dedicated assistance.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Ms. Merav Tapiero
Program manager - Asia Pacific
International Collaboration Division
Israel Innovation Authority
Tel: (+972 3) 5118169
Ms. LYU Jia
Deputy Director - Department of International Cooperation
Ministry of Science and Technology, P. R. China
Tel: +86 10 58881348
Fax: +86 10 58881344