Encouragement of R&D for Space Technology
This incentive program is a joint initiative of the Authority and the Israel Space Agency of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Space.
Goal of the incentive program:
To encourage R&D for finding solutions in the fields of space technology, while strengthening the knowledge and the technological development capacity of Israeli industry. To reduce the knowledge gap between Israel and the global market and improve the competitiveness of Israeli industry, despite the existing challenges, such as significant technological risk and high development costs, limited production quantities, and expensive systems.
Who is the incentive program for?
- Companies that develop products in the field of space technology intended for installation in satellites or ground stations for management of satellite operations.
- Companies that develop products in the field of space technology intended for reception or transmission of data from satellites.
- Companies that develop equipment for calibration and testing of products in the fields of space technology intended for installation onboard satellites, or related to the operation of the satellites, including installation of different versions of the satellites intended for export sale.
What do you get?
Conditional grant of up to 85% of the approved R&D expenditures for a period of 36 months.
Why should you apply for this incentive program?
Long-term R&D: The incentive program enables long-term R&D operation for the development of future products and innovative technologies that provide the company with a competitive advantage and the ability to penetrate new markets, as well as strengthen the overall growth of the Israeli economy.
Financial support: The incentive program offers a conditional grant used for the R&D process of a new product or the upgrade of an existing product.
Attractive financing model: The incentive program offers participation in the risks involved in the development process. Companies that receive grants undertake to repay the received funding to the Authority by the payment of royalties from sales, but only if the project succeeds in reaching the commercialization stage.
Quality mark support: Support from the Authority is provided following a comprehensive professional assessment of the project, which serves as a mark of quality for companies in the industry and makes it easier for them to raise private investment for the long-term.
How to apply?
- Prior to application, please carefully read the complete list of conditions, which specifies the rights and obligations of the applying company, as detailed on the Authority’s website.
- Fill out the relevant forms, available on the website, in accordance with the company's size. In addition to the submission of the online application, please fill out the application forms available on the website, print and send by mail.
For additional information, please contact: