EOI submission period ends 2pm E.S.T. on May 17th, 2018
Full Application submission period ends* August 9th, 2018
Ontario-Israel Research Network Program – MAGNET (OIRNP-MAGNET) will support
bilateral collaboration to develop and demonstrate technological solutions. The
program is facilitated through the framework of the Ontario-Israel Innovation
MOU, as a partnership between
Centres of Excellence (OCE)
and the Israel Innovation Authority (IIA).
Call for Proposals projects will focus on
focus on industrial
or collaborative R&D technologies that address the needs of multinational
Ontario-based Mobility Corporations.
that have submitted the statements are
General Dynamics Mission Systems
The program will focus on the
following Technology Pillars, with a specific emphasis on the challenges
introduced by these corporations.
Electric Mobility (e.g.
batteries, storage, charging)
Autonomous Mobility (e.g.
Smart Mobility (e.g. management)
Vehicle Technology (e.g.
manufacturing, security, safety)
The Challenge Statements for
projects to address are:
Seamless wifi connectivity for a ‘closed’ group of people so they can directly communicate in groups (voice and data) between their devices (e.g. airline and ship passengers) while maintaining FCC safety and security for adjacent aircraft critical aviation systems.
2. Integration solutions for existing fleet-based big Intelligent Ground Transportation Systems that can reduce operational costs and offer predictive maintenance that reduce down time and increase efficiency.
3. Self-connecting and forming small (PAN, LAN) network solutions which accept different environmental and physical inputs broadly from any sensory source which could be environmental, bio, social, cyber, from remote geographic areas which function over a long period of time without any required maintenance.
4. Ways in which to complement existing operational processes from the intelligence derived from the sensors and compared with existing historical data across many different real time queries as possible.
5. Solutions for vehicle applications, e.g. innovative light weight, low cost methods for the manufacture of carbon composite materials;
high efficiency power storage device with significantly increased capacity and
integrated semi-autonomous vehicle controller with near zero response latency.
6. Technologies to reliably detect and track objects beyond line of sight or “behind the corner”
7. Development of robust IOT solutions with higher thermal tolerance for vehicle applications
by OCE and IIA through a partnership with Ontario’s Ministry of Research,
Innovation and Science (MRIS), the program supports industry-led bilateral
collaboration, including consortia comprised of small-to-medium enterprises
(SMEs) and potentially, academic institutions to jointly develop industrial or
collaborative R&D technologies responding to industry needs that will
strengthen both Ontario and Israel’s technological expertise and enhance
competitiveness. Each application must include at least one SME from Ontario,
one SME from Israel, and one partnering Smart Mobility Corporation from
Ontario. Ontario applicants are encouraged to collaborate with academic
jurisdictions have committed CAD 5M each over 5 years to support this initiative
for a total of CAD 10M that will be matched by the participating SMEs. Ontario
funds will be disbursed to successful Ontario SMEs by OCE. Successful SMEs from
Israel will be funded separately by IIA.
Centres of Excellence (OCE) and the Israel Innovation Authority (IIA) invite
interested companies to submit expressions of interest (EOI) to address
bilateral partnerships with an Ontario SME and a large Ontario Smart Mobility
Corporation to address the challenges outlined in the Program document OIRNP
Guidelines Round 2 to download
HOW CAN I APPLY ?
of Interest (EOI) form should be downloaded
by May 17
Partner Matching Assistance?
that have not already identified an Ontario SME for collaboration on a proposed
project please download a partner search form (Attached below)
and submit it immediately to
support will be provided to each partner through its own implementing &
funding organisation (either OCE in Canada or Israel Innovation Authority ) in
accordance with the respective laws, rules, regulations and procedures in
Support for Ontario SME will be up to $200,000 (50% of a budget of $600,000)
Canadian dollars and for projects to be evenly matched the Israeli budgets
should be in a similar range
Israel please find submission details at -
submission period begins March 29
submission period ends 2pm E.S.T. on May 17
Application submission period ends* August 9
Application evaluation Aug-October, 2017
Decisions November, 2018
Jonathan Cohen Telephone: +972-3-5118155