1st call letters of intent : July 21st, 2017 - Full Application deadline: Oct 26, 2017
The Israel Innovation Authority and the Province of Quebec, Canada invite companies to submit applications for innovative R&D projects.
Deadline for the acceptance of the letters of intent : July 21st, 2017
Full Application deadline: Oct 26, 2017
The themes for this call for innovations are:
1. Infrastructure and construction;
2. Electrical equipment, electronics and nanotechnology;
3. Agrotechnology and water management;
4. Environmental technologies;
5. Biotechnology, medical technology and the pharmaceutical industry;
6. Chemical and petrochemical industries;
7. Aerospace and automotive industries;
8. Information and communications technologies;
9. Services, in particular software, insurance, transportation and education;
10. Banking and financial sectors;
11. Marine related science and technologies
12. Any other relevant fields on which the Parties may agree.
Funding for Israeli companies from The Israel Innovation Authority:
Selected applicants can receive up to 50% of the Israeli companies approved project budget from The Israel Innovation Authority. There is no funding limit but projects should be targeted to both companies sharing the R&D with a maximum split of 2/3 to 1/3 budget between the companies
Funding from for Quebec companies from Ministère de l’Économie, de la Science et de l’Innovation du Québec (MESI)
Selected applicants can receive 50% of the eligible R&D cost achieved in Québec province, without exceeding 250,000 CDN$ over the project duration.
: not to exceed 24 months from the date of the award.
How to Apply
Quebec and Israel applicants
The first step of the application process is for both the Quebec and Israel applicants to complete
the Joint Bilateral Cooperative Application Form and submit it to both jurisdictions for pre-proposal evaluation.
If the proposed project is eligible, we will invite the project team to submit the full application.
must complete and submit the Program Application Form available at www.economie.gouv.ca
must contact the Innovation Authority, following the guidelines published online at
*Please note: this information is available in Hebrew only.
Review and Evaluation
External panels in Quebec and Israel will independently review applications. Based on these evaluations, Ministère de l’Économie, de la Science et de l’Innovation (MESI) and the Israel Innovation Authority will make joint decisions on successful projects to receive funding.
For more information please contact:
Program Manager North America
Israel Innovation Authority
+972-3-511-8139 Mobile: 050-2163144
Djamel Zellouf, executive assistant and coordinator
Direction of International Partnerships- Science and innovation sector
Ministère de l’Économie, de la Science et de l’Innovation